Hawaii plans to fight President Trump’s ‘Muslim Ban 2.0’
I would tell these Demonrats to shove it up their asses and ignore the courts and enforce the ban. Attorneys for Hawaii are planning to file paperwork Wednesday to challenge President Trump’s revised travel ban, which goes into effect on March 16.
Lawyers for the state said they will move for a temporary restraining order on March 15, a day before the new executive order is supposed to take effect.
How can they take him to court over something that hasn’t taken effect yet?
“This new executive order is nothing more than Muslim Ban 2.0,” Hawaii Attorney General Doug Chin said in a statement Monday. “Under the pretense of national security, it still targets immigrants and refugees. It leaves the door open for even further restrictions.”
The new order bars new visas for people from six predominantly Muslim nations and temporarily shuts down America’s refugee program, affecting would-be visitors and immigrants from Iran, Syria, Somalia, Sudan, Yemen and Libya.
Hawaii’s anticipated action does not prevent other states from challenging the revised travel ban.
Tuesday’s filing informs the court that the state has been in touch with the Justice Department and that both sides are asking for an expedited briefing schedule to allow for a judicial ruling before March 16.
Last month, U.S. District Court Judge Derrick Watson in Honolulu allowed the state to file an amended lawsuit adding the Muslim Association of Hawaii’s imam as a plaintiff. The mother-in-law of Imam Ismail Elshikh is a Syrian national living in Syria, according to the lawsuit that details the effect the ban would have had on Elshikh’s family and others in Hawaii.
According to the motion, attorneys for the government had no position on the request to file another amended lawsuit.
Trump has a right to be president without these assholes interfering.